This year, of course, is no different.
So our first blog of 2016 looks at 5 important reasons why you should consider brick veneer for any wall or fireplace project you have in mind.
1. Similar in appearance to natural bricks
Today’s modern brick veneers are made from clay and shale. This ensures that the look and feel/texture of veneer is virtually identical to regular bricks.
In fact, the only noticeable difference comes in thickness:
- Veneer brick panels are approximately 1” thick
- Natural bricks are around 3”- 4” thick
Which leads us to…
2. Veneer is very lightweight
Because veneer is lightweight compared to natural bricks:
- They’re much easier to handle and manipulate during installation
- The surface underneath brick veneer doesn’t need to have excessive weight-bearing element
- They can be installed on most residential walls
3. Lower monetary and time costs compared to natural bricks
Perhaps the most appealing advantage of brick veneer is that they’re much more affordable versus natural stone bricks – in all aspects:
- Unit costs
- Construction and/or installation costs (when measured by the square foot compared to conventional bricks)
- Time spent during installation and maintenance
- Cleaning and/or care costs
And because today’s brick veneer is just as strong as conventional bricks, they’ll last an exceptionally long time without requiring high maintenance costs.
4. Ease of installation for DIY’ers
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, it’s much easier to install and keep brick veneer vs. full bed brick.
Here’s are a few reasons why
- Usually only one layer of masonry should do the trick
- Brick veneer requires a very simple support system, compared to solid brick which needs a heavier (and more expensive) foundation
- Veneer doesn’t require much maintenance once it’s installed
- It is very easy to paint or stain brick veneer in the colour of your choice
View our gallery to get some design inspiration for your next veneer project
5. Great insulation
Most brick veneer is graded and sold based upon their insulation capacity. This is known as R-Values.
When installed properly, homeowners can take advantage of the veneer’s high insulation capacity.
This also means they can use brick veneer just about anywhere in the home to create the perfect level of insulation, comfort and style
- Kitchen backsplash
Want to know more about brick veneer? Just ask
Many people have already made it a priority to visit any of our 4 locations to learn more about brick veneer.
And if you’re interesting in experiencing the benefits of brick veneer, you should too.
Of course, you can always request more information or a FREE quote when it comes to our veneer products.